Surgical Technology Case Tracking
Surgical Counts helps Program Directors track Surgical Technology student's progress towards their required 120 cases.
Counting cases is now simple
Calculating a student's progress towards 120 Cases is almost as complicated as setting up for a Total Knee. Rules for minimums, maximums, specialties, and roles, make it harder to follow than a surgeon's preference card.
Surgical Counts makes it simple!
- Students log their surgical cases
- Instructors approve their cases
- The system calculates their progress
Take a look at some screen shots and see just how easy it is.
Want to try it out? Just email Mark at email@example.com (from your school email address) to receive a demo username and password.
You can explore on your own (it's really easy to use), or set up a time when Mark can walk you through the site over the phone.
There are three ways to purchase Surgical Counts
1) Surgical Counts can be treated just like any other book or online resource. Simply request Surgical Counts access codes be available for students through your bookstore. Retail price is $39.95 per student.
2) Discounts are available if your program wishes to purchase accounts for your entire class. Contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3) Individual student accounts can be purchased right here for $39.95 each.
Regardless of the purchase method, students have full access for at least 3 years.
Program Director and Instructor accounts are free.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Clinicals start tomorrow. Am I too late?
- Not at all. We can work with you to get your students using the system, sometimes in as little as a few hours.
- Clinicals started 4 weeks ago. Am I too late?
- Not at all. Students can always retroactively log their cases.
- Does Surgical Counts log more than 120 cases?
- Surgical Counts will log as many cases as a student enters. Most students end up entering close to 200 cases. All of these are stored, and are accessible at any time. No matter how many cases are entered, Surgical Counts will find the ones that best-fit the AST requirements, and ‘count’ them towards the 120 needed cases.
- Can Surgical Counts track attendance?
- Surgical Counts allows students to enter ‘non-case days’. For example, if they spent the day in Central Sterile (or at National Conference, or wherever), they can log this information as well. This helps you monitor overall attendance.
- Is there a minimum number of students required to use the system?
- There is no minimum. You can have 1 student use Surgical Counts. Instructor accounts are still free.
- Are there any long-term contracts?
- No. Surgical Counts is purchased on a student-by-student basis. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it next year. (But we're sure you're going to love it!)
- Do students have to renew every semester?
- No. Each student account purchased will remain active for at least 3 years, which should be more than enough time to get them through the program.
- Which counting method do you use?
- Surgical Counts can use either the original 2013 counting method, or the revised 2014 counting method.
- I'm a student. Does my professor have to agree to use Surgical Counts?
- Individual student accounts can be purchased right here for $39.95. You can use Surgical Counts entirely on your own without your professor approving anything. Should your professor at some point decide to try it out, you can easily link your account to theirs.
Are you ready to count?
If you're ready to count, sign up for immediate access to Surgical Counts
About Surgical Counts
Surgical Counts is the only online case tracking system designed and built by a
Certified Surgical Technologist.
Founder Mark Sowers, CST is an active member of the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST).
Please contact him at email@example.com with any questions.